Saturday 1 August 2015

Fresh Motivation: The Sequel


Chillin' after yoga in the park.
About a month ago I wrote about summer bringing about fresh motivation. Sadly, motivation ebbs and flows along a spectrum, rushing and receding from day to day. One aspect I've continually struggled with is following through with my plans to work out. I've gone through a lot of pre-workout energizer (though not entirely wasted - some of that energy was put to good use on my workdays, and aided some epic brainstorming sessions).

Just last night I stumbled upon an article posted on the Mercola site. The thing that's been missing of late, that I used to be able to do quite well, is that ability to just get up and go (outside, to the gym, to my mat in the basement, whatever) without thinking about it.

So I've issued a Challenge. For the month of August, I challenge YOU (and myself, of course) to fit in one workout a day. This can be anything that gets you moving and your heart rate up. This can be a workout DVD in your living room. This can be taking the stairs to your office or apartment instead of the elevator. This can be taking your dog or cat or pig for a walk in new terrain. This can be cleaning out your basement for a garage sale. This can be dancing like a maniac to your favourite song when no one's watching.

It doesn't have to be complicated or overly strenuous. The point is to make physical activity a natural part of your healthy day, like drinking water and eating your vegetables. Log your efforts over the course of the month and see that it's not that hard after all.

I'll be putting my daily workouts, no matter how big or small, on Twitter. Today being day 1, I've already tweeted my first workout. Get over there and follow along!

What will you do today?

1 comment:

  1. Get motivated from different stories around the world everyday on lifepulp

    ReplyDelete